the longest day

For me to fully function, I need at least 8 hours of sleep. Anything lesser than that can cause mood disorders or sometimes can leave me in a vegitative state. The longest day started at 7:00 am of October 26 and it ended at October 28 at roughly 2:00 am. I was really really exhausted after that day ended to the point that my feet felt numb and I think I was really half-awake by the time that we all got home. FirsT off, let me break it down to you:



After a grueling 8-hour day in the office, I went home and rest for awhile. We were expecting a friend’s visit so we also prepped the room and settled at around 8:00 p.m. We had dinner and I was also doing some last minute preparations for the geek fest that I was about to attend to. In between the stress for the con and excitement of a friend’s visit, I packed everything that I needed for the next day. At round 10 or 11 p.m. We welcomed our friend who came all the way from Cebu, Deejay. We had some booze, talked and laughed at each other’s misery business.



We were still having a round of drinks. At around, 2:00 a.m., while I was already quite tired and sleepy, I received “thee call”. Ingress is already starting for the convention at Glorietta’s ground zero. If you heard about the BOMBING or IMPLOSION, you might think that I am nuts for still going but yes. I did–because 1.) I had to 2.) being the main representative of the group I am so compelled to be there, 3.) By majority vote, the group decided to join regardless of the consequences. Whether or not, we’ll still see the light, the whole team was prepped to face the unforseen fate. There might still be another explosion but hell cares.

So there, I arrived safely at ground zero and we started with the ingress. In between the cutting, pasting, designing, the whole group listened to RENT and MOULIN ROUGE’s soundtrack. I was almost this close to singing along except that I haven’t really watched RENT and I didn’t memorize lyrics to all the MOULIN ROUGE songs. Everyone was being festive and excited about the whole con. I was really tired and tipsy. I didn’t have the energy to do a musical performance.

Come 9:00 a.m., the RED BULL has worn off. My stomach was growling like a hungry lion. The booth was now.. a booth. Me and my team mate went to doze off at one of the organizer’s pad. He invited us in–how gracious of him. The place wasn’t that far. It was a short drive to oblivion. I haven’t been in that area. It was near the MAGALLANES MRT station. We had like a 1 hour power nap which was more like a 45 minute one. I was hoping that I could still go home for a quick shower but there was no time. I dozed off and when I woke up. I had a splitting headache…We returned to the venue by 12 noon. Still hungry, I was able to go to the nearest fast food chain at around 1:00 p.m. When I got my order, it seemed surreal. I can’t believe I was seeing FOOD right in front of my eyes. I stayed at the venue until 4:00 p.m. I said I have to leave by 6:30. But I was really spaced out. When I looked at my watch I thought it was already 6:53 p.m. Instead, it was 16:53—meaning 4:53 p.m.

The lack of sleep has finally taken its toll. By 5:30 p.m. I got home, feeling a bit guilty because I wasn’t able to finish all with the welcoming ceremonies to our dear guest. They were at the nearby resto and they asked me to stop by but my legs felt like two enormous logs. I was having a hard time dragging them to the 21st floor. Instead, I begged off and asked them if they could just bring my dinner home. I missed the shopping spree. But anyway, I ain’t got the moolah yet. So that’s fine.



I literally plunged into the bed the moment I got home. Then it was darkness. Around 8:00 p.m. I woke up, feeling a bit feverish. I almost want to beg off for the party, but I can’t because it’s just a once in a lifetime chance that we’d be able to catch up again with this fresh-from-Cebu friend plus we’ll be meeting a possible new recruit for our “hotties take over the city’ project. So there, at around 10:30 p.m. or so.. Our final guest has arrived–KAT. We immediately headed to CUISINE. There’s nothing much going because of the LIQUOR ban for the upcoming election. After a drink we headed to EMBASSY…It was our first time. Like all first times, there’s always something unexpected bound to happen. FREAK SHOW in the HOUSE. There was this foreigner who came up–not just a foreigner but a bald 50-something guy who as Deejay said “shook his bon bon” in front of us. We panicked and we run towards the nearest exit….No, not really. Maybe Ariane did. The rest just turned around and dance facing the wall. God! It was the weirdest experience so far. We partied the night away, maybe stole others’ glances. Ok, I sound like I’m bragging but I roll with these pretty..or shall I say HOT women. I can’t help if men in the side would like a piece of that sweet sexy thing. But NO, NO, NO. It was purely a girls’ night out.



My toes were throbbing by the end of the day. I never got used to wearing heels. I was out like a light the moment my head hit the pillow. I wasn’t able to do a small talk with the housemates and our guest. It was 2:00 when we got home. Theee longest day of my life. And probably theee longest post so far…

I wish there’s more than 24 hours in a day. O well.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s