Manila has been hit by another typhoon (Maring). The amount of rainfall that hit Manila was almost an average of one-month’s rainfall. With this the entire city has been declared to be in a state of calamity.
As we speak, the typhoon has already left the Philippines’ area of responsibility leaving the rest of those who are severely flooded areas up for restoration and recovery. On-going relief operations has been initiated. Below is the list of evacuation areas: (Source: Rappler.com)
(as of 3:00PM, Wednesday, August 21)
Donors are advised to conduct due diligence before donating money directly to personal bank accounts. Ask the organization or individual receiving the deposit for an acknowledgement receipt and how they intend to spend the money.
Department of Social Welfare and Development
- Volunteers needed at DSWD’s National Resource Operations Center (NROC) at NAIA Chapel Road, Pasay City. Contact: 02-8528081 or 02-8512681
Philippine Red Cross
- The Philippine Red Cross is accepting donations in various forms, including PayPal, Cash, Check, Bank Deposit, or in-kind donations. Kindly check out the Philippine Red Cross donations page for additional details. You can also follow the Philippine Red Cross on Twitter for updates and links to information.
For Overseas or Online Donations
- Ayala Foundation accepts online donations for both US-based and local donors.
- Children’s Hour Philippines, Inc. is accepting any in-kind donations. You may drop off your donations at Shopwise Araneta and Harrison Plaza branch and any Rustan’s Supermarket. Contact Person: Patricia Mallari (09175291992; firstname.lastname@example.org) You can also donate to Children’s Hour Philippins via SMS For Globe users text CH <amount> to 5656. For Smart users text CH <amount> to 4483. You can donate online viachildrenshour.org.ph/help/share-your-treasures.
Metro Manila (General)
- Donate to Chao Dao tea place (canned goods, instant noodels, crackers, rice and bottled water) and get a milk tea for free. You can bring your donations to their stores: Katipunan branch (09052236039), Don Antonio (09052236040), Kapitolyo (09052236041), UP Village (09162315951) and West Fairview (09162315954).
- The Rotaract Club of Manila Metro also has its own Disaster Relief Drive, intending to serve Metro Manila and other neighboring areas. For more details, please call 0917-5834490. You can also email email@example.com or contact them through Twitter at @racmanilametro
- Caritas Manila is accepting cash and in-kind donations for the victims of the Typhoon. To donate, CALL 9257931 or 5620020.
- The National Union of Students of the Philippines Head Office is conducting a relief drive. Contact: 0916-197-3565 / 0998-257-390; firstname.lastname@example.org; Tweet: @nusphilippines
- The LBC Foundation accepts donations to be turned over to the Philippine Red Cross. Drop-off point: all LBC branches.
- University of the East – Caloocan, 106 Samson Rd. Caloocan City c/o Tinig ng Silangan Party Alliance Contact: Riah Faith Tan, 0905-271-4259, 0906-128-6592, 0923-735-6019
- Donations are accepted at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Camarin Caloocan City under Fr Luciano Felloni. Contact 09175118412 for inquiries.
- Mama Lou’s Italian Kitchen, an independent restaurant located in the corner of Tropical Ave and Tropical Palas in BF Homes, is accepting donations and volunteers for relief operations.
- Assumption College San Lorenzo is now accepting donations for the victims of the tropical storm. Contact Caroline Jaranilla (09173025587), Patrick Bugay (09328850879), and Bianca Pangan (09065783651).
- The Youth of San Antonio Parish is now accepting canned goods, rice, water and eco friendly or biodegradable bags. Drop off point: Sanctuario de San Antonio Church, McKinley Rd., Contact Mike Yuson at 09175376453 or JJ Yulo at 09175301160.
- Colegio San Agustin (CSA) is accepting donations. Drop-off: CSA HS Lobby, CSA-Makati, Carissa St, Dasmariñas Village. Contact person is Ms. Raquel Reyes at (0922)8275976.
- Christ’s Commission Fellowship – Makati is open to receive non-cash goods and donations. Drop-off point: 3/F A.Venue Mall, Makati Ave. Look for Marco Escudero.
- De La Salle – College of Saint Benilde is accepting donations on August 21, 2013 from 2pm to 7pm at Taft and SDA campuses. You may donate the following: ready to eat food, bottled water, canned goods, biscuits, rice, toiletries, sanitary napkins, detergent soaps, mats and blankets. Contact Mr. Leo Cortes: 09999978600.
- Adamson University is accpeting monetary donations for the victims of the typhoon. Contact Fr. Gregg Banaga, JR., CM at 52402022.
- Kilusang Bayanihan of BAYAN-NCR is accepting donations for affected residents of Metro Manila. Drop-off center for donations is at Kilusang Bayanihan Headquarters (#2055 Road 5 Street, NDC Compound, Sta. Mesa Manila). Contact: 353-5077; email@example.com
- The Junior Public Relations Practitioners of the Philippines (JPRPP) and College of Mass Communication- Student Council (CMC-SC) of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila are accepting relief goods. Anyone can help by donating instant noodles, ready-to-eat goods, water and medicine. Drop-off area: College of Mass Communication Office, 5th Floor, Gusaling Lacson, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila. We will be accepting donations until August 24, Saturday. Contact: Vberni Regalado, 09154360915; Gelli Ann Cahulogan, 09265985429
- All gates of De La Salle University – Taft are now accepting donations; contact Isabel Lanada (+63.915.4101243)
- The Phi Kappa Mu Fraternity is accepting donations at Pagkalma Park inside the UP College of Medicine campus. Contact Miko Amante (09175129144) or Jonik Antonio (09178316495)
- The Mu Sigma Phi Fraternity and Sorority is conducting is also conducting relief operations. Donations may be dropped off at the Mu Sigma Phi Hut at UP College of Medicine, UP Manila, Pedro Gil, Ermita. Contact Emman Limpin at 09258843050 or Isabella Supnet at 09225356100
- Phi Lambda Delta Sorority, together with the UP Pahinungod and Medicine Student Council 37, is accepting donations in Pagkalma Park in UP College of Medicine. Contact Gela Villa at 09277029488 or Gienah Evangelista at 09175084436
- DSWD NCR, Legarda, Manila
- San Sebastian College-Recoletos. Call 7348931-39 for inquiries.
- Polytechinc University of the Philippines c/o Central Student Council Contact:Charley Urquiza, 0917-387-5262
- Eulogio Amang Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology c/o Institute of Student Government Contact: Phillip Bautista, 0916-108-9182
- University of Santo Tomas – Tulong Tomasino via the UST Simbahayan Community Development Office. Donation drop-off point: Tan Yan Kee Student Center Lobby.
- University of Santo Tomas UST Civil Law Student Council & UST ACT Now. Contact Albert Montesa, 0926-571-2397
- University of the Philippines – Manila c/o University Student Council Environment and Campus Management Committee Contact Mark Angelo Romero at 0917-304-2808.
- Hillsborough Hampton Court (the castle-looking structure on Buckingham Street, Hillsborough Village, Muntinlupa City) is now accepting donations. Contact Diane in Hampton Court or Mela Garcia 09178370839 or Casey Erum 09176285891.
- De La Salle – Zobel Social Action accepts donations of hot meals and relief goods for affected residents of Muntinlupa residing near the Laguna Lake area. You can drop your donations at Gate 7. Contact Mr Jayjay Jacinto at 09178597602 and Ms. Evangeline De Peralta at 09175638870
- Twitter user @PatriciaMalay is organizing a relief drive in Muntinlupa and is willing to pickup donations around BF Homes, Alabang Hills, and Ayala Alabang Village. Contact: 0917-512-8736. Drivers also needed.
- San Beda College Alabang (SBCA) – Community Involvement Center (CIC). Drop-off point at the SBCA Gymnasium. Contact CIC at 09285079482.
- University of Asia & the Pacific accepts relief donations. Drop off: at the back gate of Escriva drive, Ortigas. Contact number: 09177176212.
- Christ’s Commission Fellowship – Main Church, Frontera Verde, Ortigas Ave cor C5 Road. Contact number: 09158485856.
- Operation Blessing (OB) is distributing OB relief bags. Please call or text these numbers for more information: (02)477-7806 / 0920-4975558 / 0922-8036922 / 0917-5812603 or drop off donations at C5 Road cor Retelco Drive, Bagong Ilog.
The University of the Philippines Diliman, UP Student Catholic Action is organizing a relief operations (canned goods, water, clothes, toiletries, etc) and pledgesfor the benefit of the residents within Rizal. Drop of point at: UPSCA, Delaney Hall, Parish of the Holy Sacrifice, UP Diliman, Quezon City. Contact Chesca Magcaleng (09267621366). PNB Account No. 393928600014
- The Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC) in Quezon City is accepting donations. Drop off point: 72-A Times St., West Triangle, Q.C.
- IskoOperation, student council-led intitiative of the University of the Philippines – Diliman, is accepting donations. Anyone can help by donating any of the following: water, food (canned or packed), clothes, toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, etc.), mosquito nets, cartons, blankets and/or comforters and medicine. Monetary donations will also be accepted.
Contact: +63917 872 5396 and/or +63917 864 0333.
Drop-off centers: USC Office, 2nd, Floor Vinzons Hall, College Council Offices
- Lingap Gabriela is also accepting donations of bottled water, ready-to-eat food, rice, mats and blankets, clothes, diapers, sanitary napkins and medicine, as well as medicine for cough, colds, fever, and diarrhea. They are located at 25 K-10th Street, West Kamias with telephone number 434-1039 and at 35 Sct Delgado Street, with telephone numbers 374-3451/52.
- The Ateneo Human Rights Center is now accepting donations for bottled water, non-perishable ready-to-eat food, and toiletries. Contact AHRC at 09178234546. The relief goods will be forwarded to the student council and will be donated to Simbahang Lingkod Bayan, in partnernship with the Ateneo Graduate School of Business. Contact 09178234546.
- The Ateneo DReaM Team in partnership is appealing for donations in cash and in kind for the victims affected by tropical storm Maring. For inquiries, contact the Ateneo DReaM Team at (632) 4266001 local 5904 and Dan Remo at 09175372161.
- The Philippine Atheists and Agnostics Society (PATAS) is already starting to collect donations to help Typhoon Maring Victims. They will be accepting donations during their August meetup, 3pm, on August 24 at Imacron Media Center, 4th floor 115 Kamuning Rd Quezon City 1103.
- University of the Philippines – Diliman, Lorena Barros Hall, Vinzons Hill c/o Student Alliance for the Advancement of Democratic Rights in UP [STAND-UP] Contact: Aji Reyes, 0917-817-2750
- Donations and pledges are being accepted by the UP Student Catholic Action at the tambayan inside the compound of the Parish of the Holy Sacrifice in UP Diliman, Quezon City. Bank payments can also be sent to the UP Student Catholic Action PNB account, with account number 205-60786-4. For other concerns, you can also contact Francesca Magcaleng at 0926-7621366
- Alagang Kapatid Foundation is now accepting donations. You may drop them off at 730 Quirino Highway, Novaliches
- Karapatan Alliance for the Advancement of People’s Rights, Erythirina Bldg, #1 Maaralin St, Brgy Central Diliman
- Akbayan National is accepting donations at 36B Madasalin Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City. You may call (02) 433 6933.
- Christ the King Parish Youth Ministry – Greenmeadows Formation Center, Greenmeadows Avenue. You may contact at +639155440050.
- Akbayan National Heaquarters at 36B Madasalin Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City. You may call (02) 433 6933
- Liberal Party National Headquarters, Balay Expo, Cubao, Quezon City. You may call/text: 09178159739, 09178902700, 09164954955
- Enderun Colleges is accepting donations. Drop-off point is at Room 103 of Enderun’s Hotel Administration Building (HA103) or 1100 Campus Ave, McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. You can contact CJ Echiverri 09178991288
- The City Gov’t of Taguig is accepting relief goods at the Taguig City University Auditorium.
- Taguig City University, Gen Santos Ave, Bicutan
- The Bataan Peninsula State University accepts cash and relief goods particularly canned goods, rice, bottled water, and clothes. Contact TJ at 09094878490.
- De La Salle University – Dasmarinas c/o SENTRO La Salle Contact: Alexander Losaria, 0905-438-913
- Christ’s Commission Fellowship – Cavite. Warehouse 1 and 2 Km 21 Aguinaldo Highway, Imus. Contact Bel Adan, 09276867542
- Imus Cathedral (Our Lady of the Pillar Parish) also accepts volunteers for repacking in addition to donations. Keppel Bldg/Pandayan Hall, Imus Town Proper. Contact: Baby/Pillar at 09178464993.
- SM City Operation Tulong Express station is open to donations starting August 20 to September 4. Drop-off point: Lower ground Floor, Main Mall (near AirPhil), SM City Cebu
- SM City Tulong Express Booth located at the Ground Floor of SM City Davao, between Espada and Parfois. For more details, please call the Mall Admin Office at (082) 2976998.
- Southern Tagalog Tulong Kabataan organized by Kabataan Partylist – Southern Tagalog and UP Community Broadcasters’ Society is accepting donations (foods, medicine, sleeping mats, clothes and eating utensils). Contact Rona Franca at 09053115719.
- Oplan Walang Iwanan relief operation (Laguna) For more details, please contact Sam, 09269258423.
- University of the Philippines Gawad Kalinga Los Banos and the University Student Council are accepting relief donations (rice, instant noodles, canned goods, 3-in-1 coffee, medicines, clothes, etc.) For more details, please contact Sam Pawig (09269258423) or Pau Ferrer (09263830490).
- Ligtas Laguna Relief Ops is accepting donations for Laguna, especially in Binan and Sta Rosa. For more details, please contact Jay-ar Mira (0917- 9133889, 0933-9627307). You can also email Jay-ar at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact him via Twitter at @jayarmira
- UPLB Serve The People Brigade. Contact: Kikay (0935 8702805)
- UPLB Sigma Theta Delta is accepting any form of donation (canned goods, clothes, medicine, bottled water etc.) at Boston Cafe Grove, Los Banos Laguna. Interested parties may contact 09157079493, 09269869029 or 09325944774.
- DSWD Region 3 Government Center, Maimpis
- Alay-Bayan Luson, Inc. 54 Rue de Paree St., L & S Subdivision, Angeles City, Pampanga
- Alay-Bayan Luson, Inc. Old SK Building-Gabaldon Municipal Compound, Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija
If you want to be linked up to a relief operations center, use the hashtag #MovePH or directly contact the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) of local government units:
- Caloocan City – Obet Quizon (09333692373)
- Las Piñas City – Junet Barilla (09192816870)
- Makati City – Ryan Barcelo (09273141822)
- Malabon City – Cleah Nava (02 2814999 loc 3014)
- Manila City – Honey Lacuna-Pangan (02 5274949)
- Marikina City – Rodrigo Domingo (09398297846)
- Muntinlupa City – Annalyn Mercado (02 8260612)
- Mandaluyong City – Teresita Pillas (09156131493)
- Navotas City – Jennifer Serrano (09178420587)
- Parañaque City – Kristian Buhay (09328762426)
- Pasay City – Linda Orobia (09166954319)
- Pasig City – Baby Delleva (09478687314)
- Pateros City – Gloria Tapales (09228903871)
- Quezon City – Ma Theresa Mariano (09175872427)
- San Juan – Jessica Quitor (09158312174)
- Taguig City – Ramonita Jordan (09065565051 / 09082907188)
- Valenzuela City – Dorothy Evangelista (09228282802)
Please help out and spread the word!